1. Spam, also known as junk mail, is an unsolicited commercial email messages, especially bulk email message. Unsolicited means that the recipient has not granted verifiable permission for the message to be sent. Bulk means that the message is sent as part of a larger collection of messages, all having substantively identical content. The term ‘spamming’ refers to transmitting, distributing or delivering any unwanted commercial e-mail correspondence, especially in mass quantities, thru the electronic means of communication.
2. Subscribers can be added to the Service account (“Zylone Mail Account”) in multiple ways. They may either fill out a capture form on your website or added to the mailing list manually. In such cases, the User must have their subscriber’s permission to process their data. It is prohibited to send messages to any person that has not expressed their consent to receive such information from the User. We would like to note that the subscriber’s consent may not be presumed or infer from the statements of other content. In addition, subscribers may withdraw their consent at any time.
3. Zylone Mail will send a new subscriber a message confirming their interest in receiving information from the User. Users may request to disable the confirmation for email and web subscriptions.
4. We recommend “confirmed opt-in” to all Users. This efficiently prevents spam complaints and makes the list much more responsive, as subscribers are receiving information they expect. The confirmation email may be customized, so that recipients can easily recognize to which list they subscribe.
5. Zylone Mail strictly prohibits users from renting, leasing and/or purchasing email addresses from a third party, as well as from gathering them through surreptitious methods, such as scraping or harvesting. The use of any kinds of automated solutions, software or scripts is strictly prohibited. The User may store, manage the data and send electronic information only to those recipients who have expressly agreed to receive such information from the User.
6. We reserve the right to verify the list of subscribers imported by the User in terms of their quality, i.e. among others possessing required approvals for the sending of electronic messages, existence of spam-traps or misspellings. The negative result of such a verification entitles us to reject the imported list. If a greater number of email addresses is imported, we reserve the right to require the User to carry out a test dispatch to a part of email addresses. The User’s capability to import the entire list or send messages to the remaining email addresses from the list will depend on the results of the test dispatch.
7. The User must provide true and accurate information to be used in their email headers, i.e. “From” and “To” data must clearly identify the sender. The subject line must not be deceptive, and thus mislead the subscriber about the purpose and content of the message.
8. The messages cannot contain any vulgar or illegal content.
9. The User must provide their true and accurate postal address that will be included in each message footer. The User is required to maintain and promptly update this data to ensure it is current, complete and accurate.
10. Each message sent from a Zylone Mail Account should contain an unsubscribe link for Users to opt-out from the mailing list. The unsubscribe link tag can be found in the content editor and it will automatically update the mailing list to ensure that a subscriber that has opted out will not be sent any further mailings.
11. The User is not allowed to send messages to any individual that had been added to the mailing list, but later unsubscribed from it. Zylone Mail automatically handles all unsubscribe requests on User’s behalf. The list of individuals that have opted out shall be provided in the Customer’s Account.
12. The User must not use the Service to send any unsolicited and unwanted e-mail correspondence. Neither the zylonemail.com email address, nor the Zylone Mail URL may be included in a bulk message or in a bulk-advertised web page.
13. Appropriate actions, such as terminating User’s account without notice or a refund and/or reporting the Customer and the incident to their ISP and proper authorities shall be taken, with or without notice, at our sole discretion and subject to mandatory provisions of law, should the User be found spamming or using the Service for any other abusive or illegal practices. Without limiting the foregoing, the User shall be liable for any loss incurred or damage suffered by Zylone Mail or any third party should such loss result from noncompliance with this Anti-Spam Policy.
14. For more information regarding Malaysia anti-spam policy, please refer to the Anti-Spam Toolkit published by Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC).
15. If you believe you have been spammed, please notify [email protected].